Tools. Apps. Gear.
I often get messages asking about specific pieces of software or hardware I use. This page is a living document with everything that I'm using nowadays.
- MacBook Pro (13", 2020) - The M1 chip is just amazing. Plus, 16 GB RAM and 1TB storage.
- Apple Magic Trackpad - After years of using the laptop only, I can't go back to a mouse.
- Dell UltraSharp 27" 4K Monitor - I love being able to charge my computer via USB-C.
- Living Spaces Hollis Desk - Nothing fancy over here, just a table that fits my office.
- Herman Miller Sayl Chair - I sit all day, so I might as well get a good chair.
- GMK Dracula - The single most beautiful keycaps ever created :P
- Keychron K6 - My preferred wireless keyboard with a 65% compact layout.
- Drop Ctrl - This is my backup mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Brown switches.
- Drink Artisan Keycap - My favorite drink is caipirinha, so I replaced my ESC key with this.
- 1Password - The first thing I install on any new device.
- Alfred - My favorite Spotlight replacement with tons of workflows.
- Bartender - Perfect way to declutter and manage the macOS menubar.
- CleanShot X - This is what I use whenever I need to share and/or highlight screenshots.
- Divvy - Tiny app that I use to create custom window positions.
- Figma - I never thought something would replace the Adobe suite for me. Figma did.
- Grammarly - A must-have tool for non-native English speakers like me.
- iStat Menu - A little system monitoring tool that sits on my menubar.
- Linear - A totally gorgeous issue tracker. Jira no more.
- Notion - My personal OS with all the notes from all my projects.
- Paw - A native macOS app that facilitates triggering HTTP requests.
- Things - My current choice for to-do lists and organizing personal tasks.
- TunnelBear - Wonderful VPN app that I use to access content from other countries.
- Superhuman - I never thought I would pay to use email until I found this.
- Algolia - My first choice when adding search capabilities to any project.
- Cloudflare - The DNS service I use with all my domains. Amazing product.
- Collective - This is what I used to create and maintain my company of one.
- Firebase - A no-brainer database and auth solution for side projects.
- Google Domains - I buy and renew all my domains here.
- Gumroad - The platform I use as a creator to sell things online.
- Ilo - An analytics tool to measure the impact of my tweets and stuff.
- Kayak - This makes it easier to find flight itineraries and share them with family.
- Vercel - Here is where I host all my websites. By far the best developer experience.
- Sony Alpha 7C - Awesome build quality and image. The flip-out LCD screen is super useful.
- Tamron 28-75mm Lens - The cheapest option I could find. No idea how these lenses work.
- Elgato Camlink - This weird thing that allows you to use DSLR cameras as webcams.
- Elgato Key Light - I keep this turned on, so people don't think I work from a dungeon.
- Blue Yeti X - Pretty flexible USB condenser microphone.
- Blue Compass Boom Arm - If you're into cable management, you'll appreciate this thing.
- AirPods Pro - One of the best products that Apple ever made. Great quality and compact.
- Beats Studio3 - I always borrow this from my wife. Gotta love that wireless noise canceling.
- Betterment - My favorite investing platform, which consistently returns ~16% earnings.
- Mint - All my accounts are connected in one place, so I can see a big picture of everything.
- Coinbase - I'm not obsessed with crypto, but I still have some small investments there. My portfolio is made of ETH, BTC, SOL, DOGE, and SHIB.